Somers Elementary School#4 Vision Boulevard, Somers, CT 06071
SES Text Alerts
Click on the link below to learn how to sign up to
receive text alerts/updates from the SES Office.
Our mission is to provide a challenging and nurturing learning environment where all children are empowered to develop their unique talents and are prepared to contribute in an increasingly complex world.
Our mission is guided by the following beliefs about teaching and learning:
- All children can learn.
- Parents are an integral part of their child's education - home and school connections improve learning.
- Learning is best facilitated in a positive atmosphere where children are participating, actively engaged, and free to take risks.
- The best learning takes place when children feel safe, happy, and valued.
- Learning requires making connections to prior knowledge and personal experiences.
- Learning is enhanced when different learning styles are addressed.
- Both teaching and learning involve reflection, collaboration, and risk-taking. We believe that true collaboration is essential to developing and sustaining a professional learning community and improving student learning.
- Teaching and learning are life long activities.
- Respect for self and others are basic to our community.
- Knowledge of technology is essential for each student to participate in the world of today and tomorrow.
SES Office Hours
SES Office Staff
Monday October 10th
Tuesday November 8th
11/16 - 11/18