Somers Elementary School#4 Vision Boulevard, Somers, CT 06071
We have been informed by First Student bus company that for the
next few weeks there will be delays in some bus routes as well
as merging buses together in order to provide service to
the students of Somers.
Please expect delays in your child's pick-up and drop off times.
We are doing our best to adjust the schedules and routes to be as
efficient as possible during this time
Kindergarten Registration 2014-2015 School Year
Do you have a child ready for Kindergarten? Will your child be 5 by December 31, 2014?
Registration is ongoing. Please bring your child's birth certificate, immunization records
and *proof of Somers residency to Somers Elementary School, 4 Vision Boulevard,
between 9:30 and 2:30 daily. We will make copies of the above forms and ask you to
fill out a registration packet.
Screening for registered enrollees will be May 1st or 2nd. You may chose the appointment
date and time when you register.
*The ONLY items we accept for proof of residency are: Lease or Rental agreement; or,
warranty or mortgage deed; or your Connecticut License with your Somers address
PRINTED on the front. (Address labels on the back are not accepted)
Any question please call the Main Office at 860 749 2270 x3102
CHANGE IN EARLY DISMISSAL TIME ON 1/2 DAYS AND EARLY RELEASE DAYS!
As of January 8, 2014 students will now be released at 12:00 noon on all
1/2 days of school.
This includes early release days for parent-teacher conferences, early releases due to inclement weather and the last day of school.
THERE WILL BE NO LUNCHES SERVED ON ANY 1/2 DAYS OF SCHOOL.
Our mission is to provide a challenging and nurturing learning environment where all children are empowered to develop their unique talents and are prepared to contribute in an increasingly complex world.
Our mission is guided by the following beliefs about teaching and learning:
- All children can learn.
- Parents are an integral part of their child's education - home and school connections improve learning.
- Learning is best facilitated in a positive atmosphere where children are participating, actively engaged, and free to take risks.
- The best learning takes place when children feel safe, happy, and valued.
- Learning requires making connections to prior knowledge and personal experiences.
- Learning is enhanced when different learning styles are addressed.
- Both teaching and learning involve reflection, collaboration, and risk-taking. We believe that true collaboration is essential to developing and sustaining a professional learning community and improving student learning.
- Teaching and learning are life long activities.
- Respect for self and others are basic to our community.
- Knowledge of technology is essential for each student to participate in the world of today and tomorrow.
SES Office Hours
September - June
SES Office Staff
Parent Sign Up Information
Somers District Art Show
May 1st thru May 15th
Somers Public Library
Grades 1 - 12
Open During Library Hours
Thursday May 1st
6:00pm - 7:30pm
Monday May 26th
Last Day of School
Friday June 20th
Pre-K AM 8:45 - 10:30
Pre-K PM 10 :30 - 12:00
Grades K thru 5
8:45 - 12:00