Somers Elementary School#4 Vision Boulevard, Somers, CT 06071
CHANGE IN EARLY DISMISSAL TIME ON 1/2 DAYS AND EARLY RELEASE DAYS!
As of January 8, 2014 students will now be released at 12:00 noon on all 1/2 days of school.
This includes early release days for parent-teacher conferences, early releases due to inclement weather and the last day of school.
THERE WILL BE NO LUNCHES SERVED ON ANY 1/2 DAYS OF SCHOOL.
SOMERS EARLY START PRESCHOOL PROGRAM
The Somers Early Start Preschool Program has openings for peer role models for the 2014- 2015 school year.
There will be approximately eight to ten slots available for 3- and 4-year olds.
The following criteria has been established as part of the selection process:
• Must participate in the preschool screening.
• Must be between the ages of 3 years, 2 months and4 years, 8 months by September1, 2014.
• Must exhibit appropriate behavior and communication skills.
• Must present NO significant developmental delays.
• Must be toilet trained.
• Parent must have the ability to provide transportation to and from the program.
• There is a monthly tuition charge of $245.00.
If your child meets the criteria and you are interested in having
your child considered, please contact the Office of Pupil Services
at 749-2270 Ext. 2051 or 2052
no later than Monday, February 24, 2014.
The screening will be conducted on Friday, March 14, 2014 (9:30- 10:30am or 11am-12pm).
After the screening has been completed, final election will be determined by lottery with anticipated notification to parents by March 28, 2014.
Our mission is to provide a challenging and nurturing learning environment where all children are empowered to develop their unique talents and are prepared to contribute in an increasingly complex world.
Our mission is guided by the following beliefs about teaching and learning:
- All children can learn.
- Parents are an integral part of their child's education - home and school connections improve learning.
- Learning is best facilitated in a positive atmosphere where children are participating, actively engaged, and free to take risks.
- The best learning takes place when children feel safe, happy, and valued.
- Learning requires making connections to prior knowledge and personal experiences.
- Learning is enhanced when different learning styles are addressed.
- Both teaching and learning involve reflection, collaboration, and risk-taking. We believe that true collaboration is essential to developing and sustaining a professional learning community and improving student learning.
- Teaching and learning are life long activities.
- Respect for self and others are basic to our community.
- Knowledge of technology is essential for each student to participate in the world of today and tomorrow.
SES Office Hours
September - June
SES Office Staff
Parent Sign Up Information
March 10th thru 14th
9:30am - 2:30pm
Required for Registration:
Child's Birth Certificate
Current Immunization Records
PROOF OF SOMERS RESIDENCY
(CT Driver's License or Lease or Rental
Agreement or Copy of Warranty or Mortgage
1/2 Days for
March 19th, 20th & 21st
Friday March 28th
Professional Development Day