Somers Elementary School#4 Vision Boulevard, Somers, CT 06071
Our mission is to provide a challenging and nurturing learning environment where all children are empowered to develop their unique talents and are prepared to contribute in an increasingly complex world.
Our mission is guided by the following beliefs about teaching and learning:
- All children can learn.
- Parents are an integral part of their child's education - home and school connections improve learning.
- Learning is best facilitated in a positive atmosphere where children are participating, actively engaged, and free to take risks.
- The best learning takes place when children feel safe, happy, and valued.
- Learning requires making connections to prior knowledge and personal experiences.
- Learning is enhanced when different learning styles are addressed.
- Both teaching and learning involve reflection, collaboration, and risk-taking. We believe that true collaboration is essential to developing and sustaining a professional learning community and improving student learning.
- Teaching and learning are life long activities.
- Respect for self and others are basic to our community.
- Knowledge of technology is essential for each student to participate in the world of today and tomorrow.
For your reference the report card parent guides are in the academic section
Last day of school is June 21st
ON GOING KINDERGARTEN REGISTRATION
Registration for the 2013-2014 Kindergarten (HALF DAY)
at Somers Elementary School MAIN OFFICE,
4 Vision Boulevard, Somers.
PLEASE BRING WITH YOU AT TIME OF REGISTRATION
1. Proof of Somers residency (i.e. driver's license with your name and
address STAMPED on the front or rental agreement or warranty deed.
2. Child's Birth Certificate
3. Child's up to date immunization records
Please plan on filling out the necessary paper work when you register.
You will also be signing your child up for a screening date and time.
Children do not need to be present for registration.
For further information please call 860-749-2270 extension 3.
SES Office Hours
September - June
SES Office Staff
Parent Sign Up Information
Monday May 27th
Friday May 31st
click here for details