Somers Elementary School#4 Vision Boulevard, Somers, CT 06071
Ninth District Road Construction Update:
We have received notification from the Superintendents' office
regarding road construction on Rte. 190/Main Street and
Ninth District Roads. Based on traffic congestion that occured
this morning, Sgt. Claudio has asked that the construction
crew begin work at 8:30 am instead of 7:00 am beginning
tomorrow morning, Thursday May 22nd. Work would then
conclude daily at 3:30pm. This would most likely impact the
afternoon parent pick-up and bus runs. Drivers are encouraged
to turn left off Vision Blvd and head south on Ninth District
Road rather that north toward the firehouse and stop light.
Construction will continue through the rest of the school year
and into the summer so please plan accordingly. Your cooperation
and patience during this construction phase is greatly appreciated.
Our mission is to provide a challenging and nurturing learning environment where all children are empowered to develop their unique talents and are prepared to contribute in an increasingly complex world.
Our mission is guided by the following beliefs about teaching and learning:
- All children can learn.
- Parents are an integral part of their child's education - home and school connections improve learning.
- Learning is best facilitated in a positive atmosphere where children are participating, actively engaged, and free to take risks.
- The best learning takes place when children feel safe, happy, and valued.
- Learning requires making connections to prior knowledge and personal experiences.
- Learning is enhanced when different learning styles are addressed.
- Both teaching and learning involve reflection, collaboration, and risk-taking. We believe that true collaboration is essential to developing and sustaining a professional learning community and improving student learning.
- Teaching and learning are life long activities.
- Respect for self and others are basic to our community.
- Knowledge of technology is essential for each student to participate in the world of today and tomorrow.
SES Office Hours
September - June
SES Office Staff
Parent Sign Up Information