Somers Elementary School#4 Vision Boulevard, Somers, CT 06071
Winter Weather Reminder!
Should the weather conditions warrant school closings or an early release, please check the Somers Public Schools Website OR tune into the following television & radio stations: WWLP (22), WVIT (30), WGGB (40), WTIC/WRCH, WFSB (3) and WTNH (8).
To obtain school closing and early dismissal information immediately, you can sign up for free email notifications from CT Weather.com.
To register for this service, go to www.ctweather.com and follow the four steps listed below:
1. At the top of the page in the menu, hover over “e-notifications”.
2. Click on “e-notifications” then click on “schools”.
3. Complete the registration process by submitting your e-mail address/and /or cell phone number for text messages.
4. Youwillreceiveaconfirmationrequest.Replytotherequestby clicking on the link, and following the directions to access your account and identify Somers Public Schools by clicking it off as a
selection. You must do this in order to receive notifications for our
Our mission is to provide a challenging and nurturing learning environment where all children are empowered to develop their unique talents and are prepared to contribute in an increasingly complex world.
Our mission is guided by the following beliefs about teaching and learning:
- All children can learn.
- Parents are an integral part of their child's education - home and school connections improve learning.
- Learning is best facilitated in a positive atmosphere where children are participating, actively engaged, and free to take risks.
- The best learning takes place when children feel safe, happy, and valued.
- Learning requires making connections to prior knowledge and personal experiences.
- Learning is enhanced when different learning styles are addressed.
- Both teaching and learning involve reflection, collaboration, and risk-taking. We believe that true collaboration is essential to developing and sustaining a professional learning community and improving student learning.
- Teaching and learning are life long activities.
- Respect for self and others are basic to our community.
- Knowledge of technology is essential for each student to participate in the world of today and tomorrow.
SES Office Hours
September - June
SES Office Staff
Parent Sign Up Information
Monday December 23rd
Thursday January 2nd